The introductory paragraph is the first paragraph of almost all the academic papers. The introductory chapter of the dissertation should consist of the background information, the problem of the solution, and the proposed solution of these problems. The introductory paragraph of the dissertation should also consist of the anticipation of the conclusion, related work, and the outline of the paper. To write a dissertation is not an easy task for the students. Here, we will provide some important tips to start an introductory chapter of the dissertation.
- First of all, you should try to start the introductory chapter of the dissertation with a hook. The hook of the introductory chapter of the dissertation should be interesting for the audience. The most important tips to write an introductory chapter of the dissertation is to ask a question, to use a quotation, to lead it with the help of a great fact, or to define a keyword or a phrase.
- You should also try to discuss everything in a brief way that you are going to explain in the rest of the dissertation. You should try to frame the summary of each aspect of your dissertation elegantly. If you write all of these things in the introductory chapter of the dissertation, then this chapter will act as a roadmap to the audience.
- At the end of the introductory chapter of your dissertation, there comes the thesis statement. The thesis statement of the dissertation is considered the most important part of the dissertation. Its reason is that it is a way to describe your position in a single sentence to the audience.
- Most of the students don’t pay enough attention to the thesis statement. They should come to know that the thesis statement is more important than the other aspects of the introductory chapter of the dissertation. The most common mistakes that a lot of students repeat while making the thesis statement is that they try to treat the thesis statement just like a fact, they try to write it in the form of a question, and they write it in the form of the first You should try to avoid these mistakes while writing the thesis statement at the end of the introductory chapter of the dissertation.
- Most of the students don’t know the basic difference between an introduction and an abstract and they try to mix these two things. Therefore, before going to write down the introductory chapter of the dissertation, you should come to know that an abstract is just a summary of the experiment and it should not exceed the 200 words. On the other hand, an introduction contains a brief overview of all the experiments, objects, the importance of the dissertation, and background of the dissertation topic. Therefore, it should be longer than an abstract.
- It is also an important thing for you to provide a brief overview of the results of the dissertation in the introductory chapter of the dissertation.
These are the most important tips to write the introductory chapter of the dissertation. Anyhow, if you are not able to write it in an effective way, then you can get help from the dissertation writing services.